The Intercountry Adoption Journey: Hague-compliant Training from the National Council For Adoption
Announcing a new online training program designed to meet the needs of busy adopting parents who hope to add to their family through international adoption. This course will offer an introduction and 7 modules fulfilling 8 hours of the mandatory 10 hour training for prospective adoptive parents, under the Hague Treaty on Intercountry Adoptions.
Experience a media rich, interactive training program which provides a comprehensive learning experience that is supplemented with in-depth, focused advice from government and agency officials, adoption agency professionals, country specialists, medical and legal experts and adoptive parents who share what they have learned from their adoption experiences.
- Mastery checks will test your knowledge on key points of the Hague Treaty and its impact on intercountry adoption.
- Interactive tools such as the adoption process timeline provide detailed information in an easy-to-navigate format.
Online Delivery means:
- Parents will explore the training in a more engaging, interactive, "learner-centered" approach.
- Parents will be free to take the course in the comfort of their own homes, offices or wherever they can access the Internet.
- Parents will be able to schedule the learning whenever it is convenient.
- Parents will be receiving the most current, updated information.
NCFA Recommended Readings
The National Council For Adoption recommends supplementing your online training with the following adoption books.
These suggested readings have been read and reviewed by the NCFA, and have been selected to complement the Intercountry Adoption Journey program content. These books are intended to provide program participants with more detailed information on topics covered in the online curriculum. This list is by no means intended to be exhaustive.